I received the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips on Monday! I ordered three shades: Tansy, Panda, and Frick N’ Frack. I must say that I’m not really a fan of the names. I think they’ll be a little embarrassing to say when others ask what lipstick I’m wearing.
I got this color on a whim. I had initially chosen Dopey, which was a dusty mauve color, but it went out of stock while I was checking out my cart. I’m so glad I chose this one! It’s my favorite out of the three.
I didn’t really like Tansy when I first put it on, despite it being the color that I was looking forward to the most. After wearing it for a full day, I have to say that I love it! It’s a unique color that’ll probably push my 90s inspired outfits over the edge. I think it looks a little deeper in person.
I totally forgot to get a close up of Frick n’ Frack, sorry!
It’s super similar to MAC Del Rio, which I wear on an almost daily basis. It’s pretty much a dupe! Frick n’ Frack is a little warmer and less dusty than Del Rio is. That difference is barely noticeable, though! None of my friends could tell that I was wearing something other than my usual lipstick.
- The pigmentation is AMAZING. One coat is all I needed.
- The doe foot applicator is super easy to use. It’s stiff and allows for precise applications. Just look at my photos of Panda again for proof.
- The formula stays tacky for a while, even after it’s dried down, which I could feel if I pressed my lips together. The tackiness does go away eventually.
- These DO transfer and bleed. I definitely saw product come off onto my straws and forks. Don’t expect to get through a makeout session with these on!
- However, these lipsticks are still troopers. I haven’t touched up all day. It’s 1:14 AM and I had two meals with Tansy on, and it looks almost perfect. You have to get really close to the center edge of my lip to notice it’s worn off. And it was hard to get the swatches off my arm!
- My lips didn’t feel dry at all!
TLDR: This is the liquid lipstick I’ve been waiting for! Semi-matte, long wearing, and non-drying! If the transferring isn’t a deal breaker for you, then give it a try.